Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Fun

This morning Ryan and I went to the zoo. It was crazy busy and super hot even though it was morning. We had fun, but we didn't stay for too long. I didn't want Ryan to get sunburned, and before you worry...I did lather him with sunscreen...head-to-toe. I enjoy going to the zoo the most when I can let Ryan out of the stroller and run somewhat freely especially down the main paths. Today the zoo was so crowded that I was scared to let him get out of the stroller at all without holding my hand. He would have darted into a crowd...and the rest...is left to your imagination.

Ryan got to play in the playground area for a little bit. He really enjoyed it. We had to leave before he was quite ready because some "big" kids(even though this particular section is marked "ages 2-5") came along and were a bit rough with the equipment and the "small" kids.

Ryan loves to swing. Ryan loves, loves, loves to swing.

The highlight of the zoo today (since every zoo trip has a new highlight): feeding bread to the fish in the neighboring pond.

After our zoo trip we went to Petsmart to look at the puppies. Petsmart has puppy adoption days on Saturdays and Sundays. I'd like to get another puppy sometime (sooner rather than later) but I don't know if getting another Boston Terrier right now is the best thing...maybe someday, but not right now. I already have in mind what kind of puppy I'd like to find, but that's a secret I'm not sharing. I'm not in a big hurry because I want to find the "perfect" puppy for us and I'm sure that will happen at just the right time. Today's Petsmart Puppy Adoption Day: Chihuahua. Yeah...cute...sweet...can be tempermental...not what I'm looking for. I actually had a chihuahua as a kid. She rode around in the basket on my bicycle. We didn't leave Petsmart empty-handed. I bought some dogfood for Bosco and a few small toys in anticipation of our next family addition.

After Petsmart we went to Wal-Mart, because who in their right mind would pass up an opportunity to got to Wal-Mart while in the City.

After our City excursions we went home and took a nap.

For dinner tonight I had planned to grill steaks on the grill. I lit the grill, let the fire die down and put the steaks on. The fire had gone way down and the coals were looking a little cold, so I wondered if the grill was going to have to be re-lit (no I don't own a gas-fired grill...I use the old-fashioned-tastes-delicious-charcoal-lit-with-a-match-and-lighter-fluid-style). Back to the point. I put the steaks on and went to run a very quick errand. When I went back outside...oh...so sad...fire! My cold coals with minimal amout of heat at the bottom took notice of the high-fat edge of the steak. Well...needless to say...the fat dripped, the fire was rekindled...the steaks were BLACK...burnt...not edible! Plan B...I grabbed a package of Cheddar Wursts. Delicious. Not as fantastic as steaks, but tomorrow is another day.

After supper came the watermelon!


While we were outside we discovered the culprit guilty of reducing the water level in our pool.

Hmmm....maybe that's why it's dirtier than I last remembered too.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Cute pictures!! That silly dog too!