Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mini-Vacay

I was blessed with an extra couple days off over the July 4th Holiday weekend. We made it a mini-vacation weekend. On Friday we went out for breakfast...

Followed by a few hours at the Omniplex...


We came home and spent a few afternoon hours resting and relaxing before we went to a party!
Cousin Addy was turning 2!
Saturday we didn't do much but we spent a lot of time together. Without that stinkin' phone. My job isn't particularly stressful and I'm extremely blessed to work from home and be an ever-present part of my kids' lives and I have liberties that many people don't because I can work from my cell just about anywhere. However, I'm amazed at how completely relaxed I am when I'm not "on the job". I am, like every other working person, different on the job and off. I guess you can consider it like this...I work 2 jobs. I'm a full time dispatcher/secretary AND I run a full-time daycare! Taking a few days off one of those jobs is pretty nice. I don't know what I'd do if I had a few days off of both of those jobs at the same time! Taking time off from the kids isn't high on my priority list. I love my boys! (I would like to have a few hours just to myself though...without them being the late night hours when I'm super sleepy.)
Sunday we went to church and had a regular Sunday.

Monday was Independence day and we enjoyed a cookout at Uncle Paul's for lunch and fireworks in the park at dark!

Evan learned to climb over my long weekend.
Tuesday was my final day off and we spent the day with Nana at Pelican Bay in Edmond...


Followed by a great dinner at SouperSalad. And, of course, ice cream to top it all off!


It was a great mini-vacation. I can't wait for more time off this fall!

1 comment:

mimi and Grampy said...

Now that looks like a FUN TIME!