Monday, December 19, 2011

Conversation

The other night events went something like this...

Evan was playing with his new elephant ball-popping toy.  Ryan came over and did something (that's where the events get fuzzy.)  Whatever that something was it was followed by screaming and crying...by Ryan!  Evan bit Ryan!  Of course I, in my not-so-nice-Mommyness was thinking to myself "paybacks buddy".  Nevertheless I had to address the issue...somewhat.  Evan was scolded (a tad) and Ryan was comforted (a tad), but I explained to Ryan that over the last year and a half Ryan has hit, pushed and even BIT Evan on numerous occasions.  He even once, when Evan was quite small, bit Evan hard enough to leave deep teeth marks.  After our conversation and comforting all things were okay...not great...but okay.

Later that evening this conversation happened...

Me:  "Oh, poof!  I was going to cut Evan's fingernails.  I better do that before he goes to bed."

Ryan:  (On my lap).  "Yeah and can you cut his teeth too?!"

Me:  (laughing).  "Oh, we can cut his teeth like we cut his fingernails?"

Ryan:  "Yeah.  His teeth are sharp!"

He's thinking isn't he?!

No comments: