Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Early Spring Outdoors

Here is peek at some of the thing, in their early stages, beautifying our yard.

Our Sunflower Garden. 

These are our "butterfly bushes". They are actually differing varieties of sage, the herb. We learned this year that butterflies will swarm these herbs when they are in bloom. 

To the left is another sage and in the cage to the right is a honeysuckle.  I have to cage everything because I have too many uprooting critters.

Being in the country has its perks!  This is our burn pile from last night.

This arch will soon be a honeysuckle haven.

The vegetable garden with green beans, brussels sprouts, squash, peppers and tomatoes

The west section of the front flower bed.  The big leaves are hibiscus.

More of the front flower bed.  Chocolate mint and dill.

The other end of the flower beds.  Elephant ears, fennel, hibiscus and flowers.
The "tickle" tree we planted last year.

My new "mess.  We took out all the overgrown holly bushes.  Now I have a fresh new area to do anything I want with.  :).

Fresh transplant of a rose bush.
Pots of flowers, tomatoes, and chamomile.
My candy corn vine.  My mom gave it to me for Mother's Day.

The front.

Everything is in it's early stages.  It's exciting to think about how our home will look in the warm summer months to come.

No comments: