Sunday, September 26, 2010

3-Months!

Baby boy you are 3-months-old now! You are a delight to my heart and a joy in my life.

You are now smiling and cooing all the time. You'll talk to almost anyone but you certainly reserve the best smiles and stories for your family. You're a social little guy, and you've started recognizing when you're missing out on all the fun. You complain about being left alone and you complain when things aren't going just right. Your "complaints" are the cutest ever! It's not really a cry but your sounds are of obvious dislike.

You're growing so fast. Just the other day I started pulling out the 0-3 months clothes and bringing in the 3-6 months. You may indeed grow out of your brother's clothes putting you in a size that doesn't match the season. That's one way to get new clothes I suppose! I'm not sure of an exact weight but when I put you on the produce scale today it teetered around 10 pounds.

You love your milk. You love your Mom. You love your worm hanging above the playmat. You love your Dad. You love your fishies (Fisher Price aquarium crib toy). You love your brother. You love attention. You love your family. You love your pacifier (sometimes), but you're starting to love your hands more. You love being held. You love being in the wrap and with the cooler weather coming we'll get to have that more often. You love looking in the mirror.

You don't love gas. Yes...your tummy issues are still our biggest struggles. I'll be glad when they aren't issues anymore. You're taking Gripe Water daily and meds for reflux. Sometimes the only thing that works is laying on your belly across my arm while I walk around the house. You're just so gassy. Sometimes it's funny though. You can toot with the best of them and I know that no one would be believe me if I placed blame on you for some of the loud sounds that you do indeed make. Something has changed in your system. You used to have a little of #2 with each diaper. Now you're saving it all for one big *gift*. And let me tell you!...sometimes it's BIG! Just the other day you had one of those up-the-back, out-the-legs, and everywhere in between jobs. We were in Lowe's and you left the store in nothing more than a diaper but I kept you covered in my jacket. And...yes...one day I know you'll probably hate that I talked about these things, so here's my apology in advance (but I'm not deleting any of it!).

My Little Evan I love you so much. It's such a joy to see you grow and develop. It's delightful to watch the sparkle in your eyes as you talk and smile at your family. It's exciting to see your interest in your brother. He's really the most interesting one around here most of the time. He's also the one to watch out for as you seem to have learned. It's a little funny how you almost cringe when he comes running up. Pay backs! That's all I'll say...pay backs! It's wonderful to snuggle with you on the chair early in the morning. It's great when you give me more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep at a time too (which happens occasionally...but only occasionally). It's fun to take you places. It's so very exciting to think about the moments and days and years to come with you in our family. I love you Evan Alexander Stanfill.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

awe he's such a cutie..makes me want to steal a cuddle too :) Such a blessing!