Monday, February 14, 2011

Today was Valentine's Day and... well... it tends to not be one of my favorite days, but...hey...I'll talk about that some other day. Today I was determined to make it a beautifully fun and love-filled day. And...it...was! It was Valentine's Day! It was a "pink" day and we filled it with pink.

The day was greeted with pink valentine's, candies and gifts for each of my boys (all 3). They each got something a little extra special...just for them.

Breakfast began our dedication to pink: pink eggs, strawberries, and pink sugar for dipping our strawberries in.
Even Evan had a little pink: strawberries and bananas puree.
While Evan was napping Ryan and I made some Valentine's. We painted with marbles. Ryan thought it was great, and...really...it turned out beautiful!

Next we made pink cookies. They were "cake mix" cookies, but I only had a box of yellow cake mix so I added in a box of cranberry jello. I'm starting to think you can add jello to just about any thing you make with cake mix. I added apricot jello to a box of cake mix to make some cupcakes the other day and they turned out great. Our pink cookies were great too!
For lunch we had pink pasta but it looked a bit more orange and bit less pink...oh well. We also had pink pudding (strawberry swirl), strawberries and pink cookies.
The kids got Valentine's Day cards in the mail...

I think Evan really like his!
For supper I couldn't think of anything pink to cook...and...well...quite frankly I really wasn't in the mood to cook. I went with the easy, rather non-romantic, taco salad on paper plates.
We did have "wine" though (sparkling grape juice).
After dinner we had a little play time! Can you believe Evan was actually walking around in his walker with his older freeloading brother hitching a ride. He's one strong baby boy.

It was a great day. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: