Monday, December 6, 2010

...Continued. Ryan.

Snatching. Snatching...cooking utensils, the phone, food...just about anything. The kid steals everything! His most famous and favorite thing to steal is Evan's pacifier. And where does he stash it? In the Christmas tree! I can only imagine what treasures we're going to find when the Christmas tree once again finds the inside of the box. The most regrettable thing he's snatched cost me $5. He pilfered through my grocery sacks after one of my coupon shopping trips and snatched two packages of little smokies. I found them several days later. Boo.

And finally...Story Telling. He tells stories. Really good ones sometimes. It's a good thing SoonerStart warned me that between 3 and 4 the stories would start, AND that it's technically not a lie because to him it's the honest truth. He thought it and it MUST BE real. I think my favorite story lately was when I encouraged Ryan to tell Wade what we had done that day. He told him we went to the zoo and saw pink puppies. Hmmm...we only went to Nana's house that morning and her dog is black and white. Oh well. What he comes up with next is...well...an exciting story!

Along the lines of stories and the things Ryan says I think my favorite right now is the "I told you" lines I've been getting. I guess I use that phrase way too much. And when I think about it I can picture exactly when I use it...usually when he's gotten in trouble or is about to lose a privilege. "I told you not to knock over the trash can." (That one happened this evening and it was followed by a bit of "discipline" and a hard lesson learned...he had to pick it all up...nasty food and all. He really should have picked a better day to knock over the trash can. Like when it wasn't full.) "I told you you can have a ... after you ..." "I told you..." Well now he uses the "I told you" line too. "I told you I want a cookie." "I told you I'm going to jump off the couch." Many times his "I told yous" come after I've told him "no" and he's trying to insist that "yes" is much better. Something like this...Mom: "You really need to take a rest. You have 5 more minutes." Ryan: "I told you I don't need to take a rest. I told you I need to play some more."

Other things about Ryan...
He weighs 31 pounds now.
He eats basically nothing. Okay maybe not nothing, but his palate is definitely limited to...oh say...about 3 different things. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, macaroni and cheese and ravioli and meatballs. He won't eat anything green or orange. He has even resorted to picking things off pizza if it resembles any vegetable colors. If he's not careful I'm going to start hiding veggies in things.
He usually goes to bed around 8 p.m. and wakes around 7 or 7:30.
He is jealous of his baby brother at times. Evidences...he wants me to feed him. He screams and "cries" like a baby when he gets hurt (even just a little hurt).
He is super sweet and the most loving, ornery, crazy and wild little boy. He is one of the greatest joys in my life.

And that about sums up all the things I can think about for Ryan today. It's after 8 you know. You should feel privileged to have this extra 47 minutes of brain power.

If the kids let me I'll talk a little about Evan tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bootsy said...

Lillie won't eat anything that looks like a veggie either. All she wants is bread and butter and mac and cheese. You are not alone! I'm not giving the next baby a cookie, cracker, or any other junk food until she's in college!