Sunday, December 5, 2010

Excuses and More!

It's been a long time since I've written. I have a lot of good excuses. I really do. Oh...okay...I'll share a few. Ummm....it's the holiday season and my mind has been wrapped around all the festivities, activities, responsibilities, and dare I say...gift giving...that comes with this time of year. Thankfully ab out 99% of my Christmas shopping is done (and most was done online). I only have a few loose ends left, a few packages yet to arrive, wrapping and more wrapping to do. Did you know wrapping presents with a 3 year old around is much like wrapping presents with 3 or 4 kittens around. Speaking of kittens. Ryan wants 2. That and a puppy. I'd like to accommodate. I really would. Okay...back to the excuses.

#2: I've had sick kids. Three out of the four of us were hit...no plowed over...by the stomach bug the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yes...we thought it could be food poisoning, but we were the only ones to get it until several days later. Oh it was awful! Puking until you can't puke no more. And the scoots to boot. Wade and I recovered within a day or two. Unfortunately Ryan is still battling the scoots. (Oh poop how I hate thee!) Our world has been wrapped around poop for way to long now. I took Ryan to the doctor (hoping for a pill or something to "fix" the problem) and the doc said she felt it wasn't quite necessary to send him to the hospital for IV fluids. What?!?! I'm glad. That wasn't even on my list of possibilities. So she said take him home and try to make him drink and eat as much as possible. Did you know that there a few things you just CANNOT MAKE a kid do? I can think of 2 major things right now...eat...and use a toilet. We may be on the upswing of this nasty virus (trust me it's nasty!). Ryan is having less episodes and *gasp* he's actually eating a little now. As for the potty training...yeah right!

#3: I have 2 small kids, and they both tend to think they need me full time. I love it! Don't get me wrong I'd love a little more *me* time now and then but I'll take the time with the boys over *me* time any day. I sure hope Ryan stays in bed for a while longer this morning so I can actually finish this post.

#4: By the time the boys have both gone to bed in the evening I can't think straight to save my life. Did you know that I actually purchased something from Amazon the other evening and did not remember it at all until my mom said something about wishing she could find something? That something ended up triggering my memory about the previous evening's purchase. Ugh! I guess I expend all my mental energy during the day. So just so you know...my mind is open for service from 6a.m.-8p.m.

So now on to the boys and off the excuses (especially since I can't think of the other ones).

Ryan.

I just love that boy. He's funny, cute, ornery, sneaky, playful, wild, loud, ornery, sweet, loving, and ornery. He's a good boy. Lately he has gained an interest and desire for money. Thankfully right now he doesn't have any concept of currency. He just knows that money is needed to buy things, and he wants a bunch. A dozen pennies over 2 dimes any day! I have a jar full of loose change a drawer in the kitchen that has some too. He tries to raid them both but he knows his options are limited to the drawer. (Loose change adds up and I'd rather him not scatter money all over the house). Have you ever read the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?" Well here's my version of a new one...If you give a boy a penny...he's going to ask for more...and if you give a bunch...he's going to want a place to put them...noticing his pants don't have pockets...he's going to ask to change his clothes...and if he changes clothes....

Ryan thinks he's funny. And he'll tell you so. "I'm funny". Well, in fact, he is. His latest comedic acts include sneaking, snatching and story telling. Let me explain. Sneaking: Ryan loves to sneak around the corner and "do" or "get" something he thinks is off limits. If you catch him you're eyes will be met by a mischievous grin and a sneaky little laugh.

To be continued...





No comments: