Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's A.......................10!

Perfect score! I thought it was about time I go with an Olympic theme. I've really been enjoying the Olympics. Now on to the important stuff...

Ryan is 18 months old! Can you believe it?! He actually turned 18 months on Monday, but today was the day of his 18-month well child exam. He scored well in all areas. The doctor was pleased with his development as well as his growth. He still isn't on the growth charts although with a preemie that's not uncommon. The doctor said it may take at least until he is 2 before he ever reaches the chart.

If you're interested in seeing where he is on the charts go to This Site . (It's a really cool site.) His birthday is 2/11/07. His weight is 20 pounds. His height is 29.5 inches. I don't remember what his head circumference is, but I do know that it's the closest to the charts of all his measurements. I did the combined length/weight chart. I only mention the charts because it's interesting. No one, including myself, is or has been concerned about his growth. We have an amazing doctor who has always reassured me that as long as he is growing in a consistent manner then there is nothing to be concerned about.

I don't know about this boy.... He really doesn't like the nurse. The nurse walked in and it was constant screaming...screaming when I took off his clothes...screaming when she measured his head...screaming when he was placed on the scale...screaming when she measured his length...screaming whenever she touched him. Ugh! You know when you go to the pediatrician's office and you hear some kid screaming in the room next door, and you think, "man, that poor kid". Well, I had "that kid" today. What's funny though is that as soon as the nurse left the screaming stopped (with the exception of the little fits he threw because I wouldn't let him play with the blood pressure cuff bulb). I figured as soon as the doctor entered the room he would start screaming and crying again...wrong! When Dr. S. walked into the room Ryan reached out to him to be held. He walked over to him and practically crawled up in his lap. Ryan could have cared less that I was in the room at that moment. He loves his doctor!

One last thought on our doctor visit. The nurse he detests has only given him his 2-month shots, well before the age of remembering. His dislike can't be related to associating her with pain. Ohhh...one last *last* thought (I know, I'm a bit wordy tonight)...Ryan has an ear infection in his left ear. He started an antibiotic tonight.
Ryan actually stacked about 4 blocks the other day. Yay!!! He usually just knocks down the tower if we are playing with blocks. For the longest time he's hated seeing things stacked and would immediately sweep across the tower with the furry of a hurricane. Yesterday he saw me stacking the blocks and instead of dive-bombing my tower he started building his own tower! Wow! I'm really excited!
"Considering"
Undoubtedly he's considering what to put in his mouth next. :)
"Look mom, it's a great big spoon."

2 comments:

jackie aaron said...

Julie...he is growing so fast!! Is this the nurse that was so tacky when he was little? If so, maybe he does remember!! You know our children aren't little dumbies!!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I liked that growth chart site.

I checked my girls and Eli on it.
Caitlyn and Alyssa were on the 10th% on height and not even on the charts for weight (they only weigh 31 and 34 pounds)

Eli was not on the charts for weight either (he's only 22 pounds).

I even did myself, just to see...okay, so i'm a goober!

Sorry he has an ear infection cause those are certainly no fun!