Saturday, August 16, 2008

SUV


Or maybe I should call it his ATV.

Speaking of cars, I'm hoping that with my new job we can get a new(er) vehicle before too long. The car we're driving has nearly 150,000 miles on it and is beginning to show some signs of wear and lack of dependability. God is so good to provide. He always has and always will. I'm excited about the possibility of seeing that provision sooner (maybe within a year) rather than later (2+ years). Any ideas of a good vehicle that gets pretty good gas mileage for a growing family is welcome. I have a couple of ideas in mind, but I'd love your opinion (just don't be offended if I don't agree--:) )

Today was a good day. Ryan and I went shopping. I had to get groceries. We've been scraping around for what to eat because the cupboards, pantry and refrigerator have been empty for a while now. The good thing is that all of those areas have been cleaned recently. It's much easier to clean the fridge when there's no food in it.

We shopped and shopped. I found some great deals at Sears today. I was able to get Ryan some clothes for very reasonable prices. It was one of those sales where they took 40% off the lowest ticketed price. What I didn't realize was that the ticket price on the items did not reflect that discount. The price was already cheap and when I went to the counter and found that they were actually 40% cheaper than the already cheap price...man was I excited! I wish I would have spent more time there and got a few more things for Ryan. He is now wearing 18-month sizes in one-piece clothes (onesies, jumpers, etc.). His torso is so long. He still wears 12 month pants and for anything to actually fit him around the waste it would probably need to be 3-6 month size.

While I was at the mall I also scheduled with JCPenney's for Ryan to get his 18-month pictures taken next Saturday. He hasn't had any professional pictures taken since February. Now I just have to figure out what he should wear. Does anyone have any ideas for the pictures...props, poses, clothing, etc.? I'm wanting the pictures to be fun, lively, and cute, but I'm at a loss of what to bring and what to ask for.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I must go do some laundry now....

Julie

2 comments:

My2BoysNMe said...

Well, since his favorite thing recently is the garden hose, do you think JC Penny would think you were weird if you brought a few reels in?? LOL
Love the new background/colors, by the way!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I always like taking my kids in for pictures.
Don't have any ideas, cause i always just tell the photo lady that she can use her best judgement.

Go to the website for Penny's. I'm sure they have ideas for backdrops and props, etc.
I know that Sear's does that on their site.
Can't wait to see how the pics turn out...