Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy and Sad

Tonight I am super happy that I am officially on VACATION!  No...we're not going anywhere.  We're just planning to spend the week doing a little of this and little of that...no plans.  We might got to the zoo.  We might go see some friends.  We might go to Roman Nose State Park.  It's just pretty much what we feel like doing.

I'm sad that I can't find my camera.

I'm happy that I've been able to sort through and box up a lot of stuff.  I've been going from room to room, sorting through closets, under beds, and everywhere else.  I've gotten rid of a ton of trash, pulled out lots of items for our upcoming garage sale, and boxed up everything we don't use regularly.  It's just to simplify moving.  I'm not boxing everything up...just those things we don't really need yet don't want to discard.

I'm sad that I can't find my camera.

I'm super happy that I have such a wonderful 2 1/2 year-old little boy.  He's great!  His language just keeps exploding.  Today he took me to his room and told me he was "goin' under".  He loves to pull the drawers out of the bed and go under it.  This evening as we were walking home he noticed the street lights.  Each light we passed he told me it was "light on" or "light broke".

I'm sad that my camera is missing...oh...I think I already mentioned that.

I'm happy that I'm officially on vacation...oh...I mentioned that too!

I'm happy that the weather has been beautiful today...almost like fall.  Could we actually be blessed with an early (and extended) fall?  Oh that would be nice.  This evening Ryan, Myndi and I went to the park.  We enjoyed it immensely.  We put Myndi on a very long leash and let her run. She chased Ryan everywhere and Ryan loved every minute of it.  It's been a while since we've been to the park, and this time I noticed that Ryan is much more sure of himself.  He climbed everything possible without hesitating.  He's growing up so fast.   I took lots and lots of pictures while we were at the park and was planning a great blog post all the way home, but...

As I've said before...I'm sad to say my camera is missing.  I have no idea what happened to it.  I had it at the park...and now...it's gone.  I don't know if I'm just too stupid to figure out where I put it (you know...one of those mindless mistakes), if it fell out of the stroller while we were walking home (not likely since it would have fallen right in front of my feet), or if someone helped themselves to it while I wasn't looking (very possible).  I'm sad that I lost the camera...yes, but I'm most sad that I lost all the pictures I took today.

I'm happy that I have 9 whole days to spend without answering the work phone!

I'm happy to reminisce.  Look at my boy grow...

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Well man I hope you find that darn camera!!! I hate when I can't find things..enjoy your vacation too :) love the pictures..he's growin' up!