Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday, Monday, Monday

Today has most definitely been a Monday...a Monday on which I'm so glad to see the sun setting. Let's see...it started with a rough nights sleep because of allergies.  I'm highly allergic to ragweed and, of course, it has been in the high category over the last few days.  Needless to say...yesterday I sneezed and sneezed and sneezed, and today I've sneezed and sneezed and sneezed.  Even to the point of being highly aware of certain things...like maybe I should have emptied my bladder five minutes ago.  

I don't even remember the series of events, but here are the highlights making my Monday a MONDAY:

  • After being outside for nearly an hour my puppy came inside and promptly squatted on the floor.  Are you kidding me?!
  • Having passed punishment to puppy, as I was cleaning up the mess Ryan was making another one with his milk.  He had the sippy cup nipple (soft silicone) pressed against the recliner spraying milk all over the seat
  • While cleaning the couch the vacuum scared my puppy who promptly ran to Ryan's room and squatted on the bed.  UGH!  If there is anything I can't tolerate it's animals peeing on the bed.  I absolutely laid into my poor puppy.  Now don't get me wrong...I didn't hit her, but I sure hope none of the neighbors were outside and could hear the screaming coming through our open windows.  And...I'm not even a screamer!  Something just snapped.  My poor puppy has been rather skiddish since then.
  • While cleaning up the mess I was standing on the platform of Ryan's bed (the mattress was on the floor) and it broke!  Not only was I upset that the bed broke, but more importantly that I was heavy (fat) enough to cause it to do so!  Once again...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
  • Ryan had a complete meltdown when Nana and Papa came over and left without him
  • While scooping the meat out of my beautiful, cooked squash I also dug out an ugly, cooked worm!  Appetite lost.
  • This evening I was processing the jalapenos (cutting out the ribs and seeds) and kept telling Ryan to stay far away because it was "very, very hot".  He minded well however somehow he still ended up getting a seed in his mouth which created another, albeit much different, meltdown.  What's worse...I couldn't help him because my hands were completely immersed in jalapeno seeds, ribs and oils.

On a happy note...here is what I have to be thankful for:

  • The couch finally smells nice.  It had really started to stink.  Ryan enjoyed helping with that project.  He got to "paint" the bubbles on the couch.
  • The house did get cleaned a little
  • My puppy still loves me
  • Nana and Papa brought two really big boxes over (for moving purposes) that Ryan has built a fort and is enjoying this "new" toy
  • After spending nearly 30 minutes wiping his tongue, drinking cold milk and eating frozen yogurt to get rid of the hot Ryan finally got rid of the hot.  Then he took his plates, bowls and cups around the house telling everyone that it was "berry, berry, berry hot". Whatever he was serving, it was very, very hot.  Too cute!
  • Taking 1/2 a benadryl was enough to take away the tickles in my nose but not so much to knock me out.
  • The weather was gorgeous!  If we could have weather just like today from now until Halloween that would be wonderful...amazing...AWESOME!  After that it can cool off even more.  Did I mention I loved the weather today?

So therefore...

  • The kitchen still looks like a tornado has gone through it as it often does after dinner and it will remain that way 'til tomorrow
  • The pile of laundry that I intended to fold and put away this evening will still be a pile of laundry until tomorrow
  • The fort is still assembled in the living room and will remain as such until further notice
  • I took a whole benadryl and if doesn't start to kick in I might just take another one.  That ought to do it.  I'll be sleeping good tonight.  (FYI--diphenhydramine is what is added to Tylenol PM and other such medications.  Diphenhydramine is benadryl.)
  • Here is a really cute picture of my little PRINCE after he picked a flower for his Mommy because he's just sweet like that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Blog!! Check out the wide range of platform beds from Spacify.com