Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting There








Every day that passes I'm getting closer to the day we can have a healthy delivery of a healthy baby boy. Today marks 2 weeks on strict hospital bedrest and I'm now 26+4 weeks pregnant! Hooray! It feels so good to just be this far. I can actually breathe a little. Of course I want to make it so much further. I would love to actually get to take my son home with me this time. I've never had the experience of being wheeled out of the hospital with a baby in my arms. I've always had to leave in tears with my babies tucked into the "arms" of an incubator.

We had an ultrasound yesterday. Everything went great! Evan is looking great. He isn't as big as I was hoping, but he's actually right on target for his gestational age. I was hoping he would measure just a little bit bigger (closer to 2 pounds) for his gestational age in the event of an early delivery, but as long as he's healthy that's really all that matters. He weighs approx. 1 pound 12 ounces. He shared lots of cute facial expressions with us..."kissing", yawning, sucking his thumb, smiling. He was so cute. Hospital bedrest is helping...my cx measurement has improved from 0.5 to 1.7. Still considered short, but so much better. Goal #1: 30 weeks! and at this point I really think we can make it. Woohoo!

My OB was pleased with the results and for the first time in two weeks he talked about the possibility of making it to term or very near. Previously he's only talked in "day at a time" terms. He actually said that if I'm still pregnant (and no further complications arise) he will send me home at 32 weeks. I have mixed emotions about that, but I'll take it. Part of me would rather stay until 34/36 weeks, but I'll go with whatever he feels is best.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

The sono pictures are very sweet!! So glad that you got a good report and your cervix is doing so good too!! That would be great too make it to 34 or 36 weeks YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)