Monday, April 26, 2010

It's New

I know I was supposed to update a day or two ago, but I couldn't think of anything to say. Here are the highlights:

Evan is doing well. He almost always looks great on the monitor and I'm often told he looks as good as a full term baby. He's getting bigger and his *active* days wear me out. I'm very excited to see how big this little guy is getting at our next ultrasound.

I'm doing well. My body is starting to protest all of the laying down, but I really can't complain too much. I feel very blessed to actually be this pregnant! I love feeling this little guy moving around. Since the last ultrasound I spend 90% of each day laying in bed with the foot of the bed elevated. I sit up to eat 3 times a day. I shower every couple of days (sorry if that was tmi.) I try to drink plenty of water especially now that a lack of sufficient fluids is leading to increased contractions. I am having about 1 or 2 contractions an hour and they are...shall we say...intense. Most of the time.

On Sunday I was given the opportunity to move to a new room. Of course I jumped on the chance, so now I'm in room 582. It's not any bigger, but I have a different view out the window and the television is better. I also have a mini refrigerator in the room for snacks.

Today is Monday and I am having blood drawn to check my thyroid levels and for a glucose tolerance test. Hmmm...fun times around here!

And the most exciting thing of all...

I'm well on my way to meeting our first goal...30 weeks! It's a goal that has at times seemed so far away, but now we're just days away. I feel so blessed to be this far. Keep your eyes on the ticker though because as soon as we reach our goal we'll be setting a new one with a new ticker!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Yeah for the new room! you are doing such a great job growing this baby and have come so far..not too much longer now :)