Sunday, March 13, 2011

Annie

Meet Annie.
Now I have to admit that I wasn't quite ready to adopt a new puppy. I have been "keeping my eyes open" (browsing the petfinder-type sites) for when the "right" dog might come along. I just didn't think it was going to happen right now. So let me tell you how Annie found us!
While out garage sale shopping Mimi and Aunt Jen were gleefully greeted by this sweet little girl. The woman at the garage sale announced she was needing a new home for the puppy because she was moving to an apartment and couldn't afford to take 3 dogs. Mimi and Aunt Jen thought of us and called. I thought, "well...hmmm...maybe." I called Wade and we decided that sometimes the right things come along at times we might not know is right.
Boy I think this is most definitely one of those "right things". This little puppy is the sweetest little thing ever. She was being raised by a family with a 4-year-old little boy. She is calm yet playful and fun. So far she has been absolutely tolerant of all the antics my 4-year-old little boy pulls. She already loves Ryan and Ryan already loves her. They play together so well. Ryan wants here to be everywhere he is, and I'm just basking in the all the laughter I've been hearing. Poor Evan just doesn't know what to do about all the puppy kisses right now, but he isn't at all scared of her and she is very gentle with him.
Annie is a great pyrenees/blue heeler (mom) mix with a chocolate lab (dad).

So I guess it's safe to say that sometimes great things are often unexpected and the best dogs can be mutts that find you instead of you finding them.

2 comments:

mimi and Grampy said...

2 cute Boys, a handsome Husband, and a Sweet Baby-girl Puppy.....I would say Life is Good!

Hilary said...

AWE she looks too sweet! Annie love her name too :) Have fun!!