Friday, March 4, 2011

Can you believe this kid?...
Yep! He's all wet. For some unknown reason he decided to take a dip in the tub with all his clothes on. The best part was the pride he felt at "pulling one over" on us. He's learning to "play jokes" on us and intentionally try to "get our goat".
He's growing so much and changing all the time. He just turned four and eventually I'll do a "Four-Year-Old Post" but I'm waiting until his well-child-check this upcoming week so I can have some stats to talk about too. In the mean time...it's time for some Ryan-isms:
  • Go away baby. I'm trying to sleep and you're waking me up. Go to your own room!
  • I have enough energy to go "toot toot". (This was on one of those days where the correct interpretation of this goes something like this: "I am now feeling energetic enough to go find some new way to make a nuisance of myself.")
  • But I'm hungry. (For some reason Ryan was just about to bite Evan's foot. When scolded by his Daddy this was his response.)
  • Can you feed me again. (Why certainly as soon as I feed the rest of the animals.)
  • Daddy you look like a dandelion. (Can you say Oklahoma humidity?)
  • I think I'm hungry. My tummy is talking. (Food has been on his mind a lot lately. However he has started using "But I'm hungry" as a cop-out statement to avoid anything/everything he doesn't agree with...Me: It's time for a rest. Him: But I'm hungry! Just the other day we pulled into a parking lot and I said he had to hold my hand. His response: But I'm hungry.)
  • The letter B starts with Pink. (We're talking about the alphabet more these days. We spent a week on "A" and since we haven't designated a week for "B" we've been discussing it off and on for a couple weeks. Did I ever mention I really haven't figured out a good daily routine that we can stick with? Anyway... the other day we were discussing "B" and naturally I mentioned that blue starts with "B"...B...Buuu(sounding it out)...Blue! Since blue is NOT his favorite color that just couldn't work so "B" starts with pink!)
  • Daddy has a big tummy with big food inside. (Hehehe)
  • My Googin's right here (holding up his foot). In my feet. (That must have been some really good googin')
  • Thanks Mom I couldn't have done it without you. (Oh! So sweet is this kid! He said this to me when we returned to the car after a March of Dimes luncheon meeting.)
Evan is doing well. As you may have remembered he celebrated his 8-month-old birthday fairly recently.

He is growing and changing a lot too! He is such a happy baby. At 8 months old:
  • He smiles often.
  • He has 2 bottom teeth coming in at the same time and they are ALMOST in! Thankfully. Because he just doesn't tolerate the discomfort of teething well.
  • He has started cruising along the furniture and just within this past week he can really get moving pretty fast along the couch.
  • He started army-crawling although he still doesn't much care for creeping along the floor. He'd rather be upright.
  • He walks in the walker all over the house.
  • He sometimes forgets that he can't walk by himself yet and gets mad when he topples to the floor.
  • He LOVES his big brother. He follows him around everywhere. Sometimes he annoys his big brother.
  • He is still nursing but will not nurse in places where there is a lot of noise and activity because he is too interested in everything going on. Unless, that is, he is getting very tired.
  • He is eating 3 meals a day with snacks in between occasionally. He eats many of the veggies (still hesitant with the green ones), loves fruits of all kinds, started some meats (turkey and chicken), and for the first time today ate a puree of black beans and applesauce. I'm making our own babyfood.
  • He loves finger-foods. He can eat any of those first finger-food foods...those that basically melt in his mouth. He can also eat Cheerios and Cheetohs.
  • He has basically given up the pacifier. He will sometimes chew on one but he hasn't used one for a pacifier in several weeks.
  • He still wears cloth diapers.
  • He still hates being wet or dirty.
  • He has started chewing on my chin as a pacifier. Every time I pick him up to comfort him when he's crying he grabs my hair (what little I have left after having my 7-grade haircut "fixed") and pulls my face to his until he gets my chin. He chews on it for a second or two and for some reason finds comfort in that. It's actually very, very sweet. I love it!

No comments: