Saturday, April 2, 2011

Date Day

Today my GoodBoy Ryan and I went on a date! It was long, long overdo. It was the first time since before Evan's birth that he and I have spent several hours together...just he and I. I think he really, really enjoyed it...not the date activities really but rather the time alone just with his Momma. We most definitely will be making this a regular thing.

I took my boy to the movies.
It was his first time! He loved the lights and the "bigness" of everything, but most of all he loved the popcorn and icee.
It was all very exciting...and maybe a little overwhelming to the little guy. We were a little early so we spent 10 minutes watching the commercials and talking before the lights were dimmed and the previews began. After 10 minutes or so of previews the movie began, Gnomeo and Juliet. It was cute...what we saw of it. About 30 minutes from the time the lights dimmed Ryan had had enough. He was done. Ready to go. Oh well.

So our date took another turn...to a playground. A playground where he found some other kid's cars to play with.
A playground with a water fountain that was way more exciting than some big movie theater.
A playground where a hyperactive, highly-energetic 4 year old can run and play.
So our date day ended up being a wonderful time for both of us. We NEEDED that time together. Ahhhh....I can't wait to do it again and I know he's already ready for the next time.

But the next time we have a date day I'm thinking that instead of a movie date...
We might just have to skip that outing, pack a sack lunch of pb&j with chips and a pop and head to the nearest park or playground for a few hours of fun followed maybe by an ice cream at Braum's. (I know my budget will benefit. $21 for tickets and $11 for popcorn and icee for less than an hour of "entertainment". I'd rather take the family to the zoo for several hours and out to eat for that amount.)

I sure love my boy!

No comments: