Friday, October 24, 2008

Loving the Chaos!

It's finally here!!!!
Come to our garage sale. It's on 15th and I-35 in Edmond...just follow the signs.

Ryan played with Play-Dough for the first time today. By the way, the mat he's sitting on is one of those mats you're supposed to put under a highchair to catch all the crumbs (that is if your child only drops food and doesn't throw it...you should come see my wall after tonight's meal, but that's another story). I've found this mat to be a perfect "messy play" mat. I just thought I'd toss that out there for all you moms of messy toddlers :). He had fun playing with the play-dough although he was most interested in the containers as you can see in the picture.
Ryan and I played a lot today. I really needed just a good 'ole day of fun and play.
I'm so glad it's Friday. Yesterday was a very trying day for me at work. I haven't quite figured out how people can be so terribly rude and think they are either 1.) God's gift to mankind 2.) the world must stop when they have a problem 3.) they are the only person to have ever had a problem like their's (they should read Ecclesiastes...there's nothing new under the sun) or 4.) I, on the other end of the line must just be a "machine" and not a "real" person with feelings.
Please remember to be kind to those from which you are needing help.

NOW A GAME!!! Don't you just love games....
Here is a short little game of opposites.

"Order"
"Disorder"

My dogs understand the concept of orderliness much better than my son right now. I'm just kidding (sort of). Ryan and I were in his room this evening trying our best attempt at cleaning up a little. I folded a bunch of Ryan's pants and put them in the second drawer of his chest all the while he was EMPTYING the 3rd and 4th drawer. After filling the second and re-filling the bottom two drawers I started putting diapers away in our "diaper shelf". They fit perfectly and it actually looks pretty neat when it's full. I turned around and Ryan had cleared out ANOTHER shelf...one under his bed. Blankets were scattered all over the floor. I plopped my self on the beanbag nearby and waited to see what my one-man-demolition-crew was going to do next. You guessed it. He went straight for the diaper shelf...AND EMPTIED AN ENTIRE SHELF! He started working on the other shelves until he noticed the books looked too orderly.....

No comments: