Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's October!!

To celebrate the start of October, this is what we did...

I love October. It marks the beginning of the time of year I love. I love the weather, the autumn colors, the leaves, the cool brisk mornings, the beauty, the anticipation of the holidays, and of course the holidays themselves. I get excited about long walks in the woods, the smell of leaves on the forest floor, wearing light jackets and maybe even a hat, snuggling in covers, opening the windows, playing outside. October through December...I can't think of a better time of year!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love fall too! It looks like Ryan had a ball with his pumpkin. I have a feeling that he will be quite a pumpkin carver when he gets older!

Misty said...

I'm a big fan of fall too, I just wish it would arrive here in PHX. Ryan looks like such a busy boy!

My2BoysNMe said...

Fall is my favorite too! But I would have to add the fair and Friday night football to that list!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

i, too, love fall.

We don't have the typical fall here in So. Cal, though.
I dream of those traditional ideas of fall...leaves changing colors, cooler weather, sweaters, warm blankets, hot coffee/chocolate shared with friends, good food, soups...mmmmm just sounds divine!

That video of ryan and the pumpkin is too cute. he looked like he enjoyed just playing and playing with it. His little voice is precious!