Friday, February 27, 2009

All About Up

Today's adventures are brought to you today by the letter "U" and the number "2".

"U" is for "up". Up was Ryan's big thing this evening. As you can see...
Up on the back of the couch.
(Pardon my mess...I'm trying to sort through baby clothes.)

Up on the back of the toilet. This happened after he locked himself in the bathroom. I thoroughly expected to find a much bigger mess or even a fully clothed little boy in that full tub of water. He usually lets us in the bathroom when he locks himself in. He is proud that he locked it, but equally as proud when he unlocks it. Today was the exception. Daddy had to come to our rescue this evening. This is what we found.

Up on the toy box so he can reach up on the dresser

Up on the bed. Right before this picture he was up standing on the headboard!

2 is an understatement of how many times I've said "no" today. 2 is how many naps I was hoping Ryan would take today, but 1 short one is what he had in mind instead. 2 is at least the number of times I wanted to pull out my hair today because Ryan has started refusing to eat *everything*. It doesn't matter what it is...he sticks out his tongue "thttsss". 2 is the minimum number to times I've had to drag him away from the dishwasher because he thinks he needs to re-wash my clean dishes. 2 is the average number of times we read Ryan's favorite books. 2 is an age I'm finding to be very, very challenging at times. I visited with a friend today who has a 4-year-old. I explained some of Ryan's new antics. She more or less said, "welcome to the world of 2-year-olds." 2 is an age I'm finding to be very, very, very exciting and rewarding. I honestly love it...challenges and all.

I love my 2-year-old more than words could ever describe.

No comments: