Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Warm Fuzzies

Warm Fuzzies (n, pl)--those wonderful things that you do for someone else or someone else does for you that shows an exceptional amount of love in a totally unexpected way, completely speaking another person's love language. (Yocham Family definition)

You know how at times life just carries on. It may be a little chaotic and crazy, but for the most part it's just normal...and good. Life has been good...and normal for a while, but yesterday God reached down from Heaven and decided to bless me with Warm Fuzzy.

THE PHONE CALL

Yesterday at about 11:00 a.m. I received a phone call from the March of Dimes Coordinator/Person. I don't really know her title, but to me she is one of the head honchos for the Oklahoma division of March of Dimes. She works directly with the March of Dimes Family teams. She asked me to share my Mission. Unclear of what she meant I asked her to explain. She said she wanted me to share why I got involved with the March of Dimes. I told her it was because of the experiences with my two kids, and did she want to hear the story of my kids. She said, "yes". I said, "now that I can do!" I told her the *relatively brief* versions of both my kiddos and their beginnings. She was in awe. I don't know if she was crying or not, but then she said she felt like God had led her to me and...


She asked if we would be willing and interested in being the
Ambassador Family for the March of Dimes this year!!

Do you realize what kind of an honor this is? I get all giddy and excited just thinking about it. This is incredible! I can't think of a better honor...and what's even better is that it's not because of anything I have done. It's all because of God's great blessing through our son, our miracle. All honor and glory belong to Him. Did I mention I'm excited?! We will be getting together for lunch on Monday to discuss what this entails. She mentioned briefly about news conferences, speaking to schools and corporations, and fundraising events.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats! You will be an awesome ambassador for the March of Dimes. Your story is truly inspiring.

mimi and Grampy said...

Julie & Ryan, That is just Great. I can not wait to hear more. I am in a Family of celebrities. My 10 year old Niece in Illinois is a Girl Scout and she drew a picture of what Girl Scouting ment to her. Out of hundreds, hers was picked to represent Girl Scouting this year. Now you Guys being an Ambassador for March of Dimes. My Cup Runeth Over! Mimi

Kristi said...

Oh Wow, how exciting!!!!! Congratulations. I am very happy for you!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

That's soo cool!

When i did the walk about 4 years ago, i was approached to talk for my girls and be the ambassador for our area.
The title intimidated me so much that i declined.

I think it'll be super cool for you to be able to share not only Ryan's and Brandy's story, but the story of our Lord being so loving, merciful and miraculous!