Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Day!

After 155 days of bedrest, 60 in the hospital, tomorrow is my LAST day! I had an OB appt. last Friday and he asked me if I was regaining some strength and if I'd done anything fun yet. It took me by surprise because I was under the assumption that I was to remain on strict bedrest until 36 weeks. The way he talked led me to believe that he wasn't expecting that after I left the hospital. He even said that he thought if something were to happen it would have happened already. Since that conversation I've been taking it pretty easy, but the last few days I've been getting up more and doing a few more things. Part of it has been out of necessity. My mom and Ryan (mom has been taking care of Ryan for the last 5 months) have both reached their limit of my bedrest sentence. She is worn out and is in desperate need of being re-titled back to grandma. He has started bucking her authority and pushing every limit possible. Thankfully they both held out until just the last couple of days.

So anyway...tomorrow is it! The last day of terb. The last day of Procardia. The last day of all these measures we've been taking to stay pregnant. I never dreamed I'd see this day and still be pregnant. It's an amazing feeling and I know holding my healthy little baby in a week or two will make it all worth it! I'm a little nervous though...I have no idea what to expect. I've never been anywhere other than a hospital when labor started, so this is a brand new experience for me...having bags packed and ready to go for when "it's time".

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so excited, cheering you on from around the world. I smile from ear to ear when I read your posts, and understand your being nervous. We were not sure what to do when we left with our baby coming along!

Rebecca

Hilary said...

So AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to see Evan when he comes!! You and your family have done so great :)