Friday, May 2, 2008

Late Update

I meant to update earlier. For those of you waiting on it, I apologize for the delay.

I took Ryan to the doctor this morning. The doctor said he is actually doing fine...he's still well hydrated, and seems to be on the mend. Ryan hasn't been eating much of anything all week...2-4 ounces of Pediasure (won't drink milk) every 4 hours, no solids. Dr. Schrader explained that the sores in his mouth are painful and that when those are gone he will probably start eating again without problem. He gave us a prescription for "Magic Mouthwash". It's a mixture of lidocaine (sp?), benadryl, mylanta, and a few other things. It helps to numb, cool, and soothe his mouth. So far I like it. This afternoon he has been running around like a crazy little monkey...I love it. I haven't seen him play most of the week. The doctor said he isn't contagious anymore with the exception of his poop, so I told the doctor that I wouldn't let anyone play with his poop this weekend. I'm still planning on bringing him to the Walk tomorrow unless he is still blowing-and-going in the morning.

No comments: