Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pictures and More

Today has been a pretty good day. Actually it's been a monumental day. Ryan has not drank out of a bottle all day long. He has only used sippy cups today. This isn't especially exciting for him, but it sure is for me. I don't have to wash bottles any more. Hooray!

I found this ridiculous thing lounging comfortably on the beanbag this morning. Isn't he so ridiculous!
We did a little bit of everything today. We played inside for a while. In fact, we dumped the toy box out today. Sometimes it's fun just to empty the toy box and watch Ryan pick and choose different toys to play with.
We also went for a bike ride. We have a cart that hooks onto the bicycle for Ryan to ride in. He really enjoys it. I'm sure it won't be too long before he's yelling, "go faster!" As I was cleaning it and emptying the water (this Oklahoma weather!) Ryan came running. He even tried to climb in it. I guess he was ready to go. I'll have to remember to take a picture of our bicycle set-up sometime soon. We played outside some.
I even got to do some yard work this evening while Ryan played with his daddy. Now our backyard is mowed and somewhat manicured. Now if I can just convince my husband that all of the stacks of wood and other miscellaneous junk ought to have a better home than my backyard.... One thing I really enjoy is having nice yards. I enjoy mowing and trimming. I love the feeling of freshing tilled dirt on my bare feet. I love the coolness of walking barefoot through the plush, green grass. I enjoy watching things grow, watching the birds. I enjoy the sounds and smells outside. I just love God's great creation. What better canvas of his love could there be?

No comments: