Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baby update

I went to the high-risk perinatologist last Tuesday for an ultrasound. All is well and baby is growing well. The doctor seemed quite pleased with how the baby looked. He said I'm measuring right on target...11w6d at the time which puts me at 12w3d today. I was so relieved to here everything is well. I had not been to the doctor for 4 weeks and for someone who has a high-risk pregnancy and many complications that seemed like FOREVER!

Anyway...all is well and I'm scheduled for a cerclage this coming Tuesday. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'll feel so much better knowing I have a little extra help in that area for keeping this baby inside. Of course I also realize it's not a 100% safeguard, but it feels like an extra safety-net regardless. The cerclage is scheduled for 5 p.m. I might be staying overnight, but that detail is still up in the air.

Oh and [image] We're having a boy! (Or at least from the bottom end of things it sure looks like we're having a boy)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow!! Congrats on a boy!! I will be praying for you when you go in on Tuesday too....grow baby grow! :)

Bootsy said...

congratulations! Hope to see you at the next NICU meeting.