Monday, January 11, 2010

Bedrest and Baby Update

I apologize for the lack of pictures lately. We're still in a period of "transitions", and I haven't figured out how to "manage" everything yet. Of course I just got a new camera for Christmas and now I'm not able to use it...at least not yet...I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to take some good pictures even while laying horizontal most of the day.

Now for an update.

The weekend went pretty well. It was...well...shall we say...uneventful...but right now I'd much rather have uneventful days than the opposite. I did learn that I can't do this on my own. It's amazing how much a mommy has to be up and doing things...5 minutes here...10 minutes there...all add up to more time on my feet that the doctor probably wants. Ryan does pretty well while I'm horizontal however he doesn't completely understand and often can heard saying, "Momma get up! Get up Momma!" So...Ryan and I are staying at my mom's house (Nana's house) during the day and coming home at night. Everyone sleeps better in their own beds. We're still working on nap-times at Nana's house. Today he didn't have one, but I intend to make it part of the routine asap. This new "arrangement" also helps with the meal-times. Nana is feeding us well. I AM SOOOOO THANKFUL FOR MY MOMMY! She always goes above and beyond what's expected and I hope I can someday bless her as much as she's blessed me.

I'm handling bedrest as good as can be expected...better than some I imagine. I spend my days playing with Ryan as much as he wants which isn't much since I'm horizontal and he prefers to be running everywhere. He does regularly come give his Momma some lov'ins and cuddles up next to me (or jumps on the bed next to me). I've been able to do a little reading. In fact I've scanned through an entire baby-names book and still have no names on my list of possibilities. I've watched some good programs on TV and recently signed up for Netflix so we'll have more movies to watch besides CARS. We watch CARS once a day at least...it's Ryan's most favorite. I started knitting a blanket for Lil' Bean and when I finish I may start knitting some hats or blankets for the NICU babies at Mercy. The evenings after Ryan goes to bed I usually get on the internet and spend a little time updating this blog or reading/posting on a couple of forums designed for high-risk mommies.

I've been feeling well since the cerclage. I do have a little bit of concern that I may be calling the doctor on tomorrow. One of the "no-nos" that warrant a call to the doctor is cramping and I've been having some over the last couple of days. I was sent home on indomethicin and it seems that while I was taking that I didn't have any cramping/contractions. I was only given a supply enough to last a couple of days which is normal. The big delay I've had in calling the doctor so far is that I don't know if the cramping is true cramps or it's just related to gas. Pardon the bluntness. Movement helps move air through the system and now that my days are filled with little movement, so goes the air...nowhere fast. (Okay that was about as dignified as I could possibly make that conversation.) So I've been hesitant to call, but I've just about talked myself into making the phone call. It would probably put my mind at ease. If it's true cramping or even if it's not maybe the doctor will start me on some preventive meds to ward of contractions in the event that the real things start. I had contractions early with Ryan, but I dismissed them as Braxton hicks. I don't want to take any chances this time around.

Well...it's getting late and I'm getting tired. Bedrest can just wear a person out! :)

I might (still considering) start a new carepage for our Lil' Bean to keep everyone updated. It seems that having an e-mail reminder that an update has been posted is welcomed by many. If I decide to start one I'll post details here and just know that the updates will be a carbon copy of the updates posted here.

Any input would really be appreciated...

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Praying for you...

Bootsy said...

How wonderful to have your mother there for you. Resting is the hardest thing for a Mommy to do. SOunds like you are doing a wonderful job.
p.s. i used the play instantly movies on netflix when i was pregnant with Lillie. They have a ton of really good documentaries.