Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ice-Snow Storm 2010

Nobody has been asking, but I'm assuming that you'd love to see some pictures. So...here we go...lots of 'em!

(And...yes...I broke the rules just a tad. I spent 15 or 20 minutes outside with my sweet little boy. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for some great pictures and a fun time with my boy.)

Starting this past Thursday Oklahoma began it's adventure into another winter storm. It's the first of 2010, the second for this winter season. Storms of this magnitude, producing this much snow, are almost unheard of around here. We often have a few snow flurries throughout the season, but it's rare that we actually get substantial snow accumulation...much less twice in one season.

The storm started Thursday with freezing rain, turning to sleet. This, unfortunately, caused much of the state to encounter problems. In fact the governor declared a 'state of emergency' for the entire state. Much of the southwest is still without power. We were fortunate to keep our electricity and for that I'm very grateful. It's one thing (almost like an adventure) to be without power by yourself, but when you add a kid to the mix suddenly it's no longer an adventure but something dreadful. You start adding bedrest restrictions to the mix and oh my! I was a little nervous about the storm and hoped that it would just pass us by and make the weathermen look like idiots. It didn't pass us by, but God's protection remained. On top of that we got some beautiful snow and I've been enjoying the view out my windows for a couple of days.
This is our bamboo. The weight of the ice curled it down. Now it looks like a great big daddy-long-legged spider. It made for a fantastic fort for Ryan and Myndi as they romped and played in the snow this morning.
The pine tree in our backyard...
And best of all...the FUN pictures!
Just look at that smile.
He just couldn't get enough of the fun.





Awww...fun times!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

How fun!!! Stay warm :)

twin power mommy ♥ said...

HOW stinkin' cute!

He TOTALLY is having a fun time. LOVE those pics. They are great.