Sunday, February 28, 2010

Growing and Dreaming

14w4d...........16w4d...........18w4d...........20w4d

I've made it into the 20's. It seems like such a milestone to me although I know I have so much farther to go. So I've been thinking...and if you'll humor me a little...and let me dream for a moment.

Awww...if I make it to 36 weeks without hospital bedrest what then?!

If I make it to 36 weeks I plan to spend a day pampering myself...hair, nails, toes, the works. I may even get a massage. I'm seriously considering cutting my hair short again unless someone can talk me out of it. The idea of maintaining long (frizzy, unruly) locks with 2 little boys running around just doesn't sound too appealing. I want to feel beautiful again.

If I make it to 36 weeks I plan to beg the doctor to remove the cerclage since he hasn't officially decided when he plans to remove it...36 weeks or during delivery at 39 weeks.

If I make it to 36 weeks I want to spend the last 2-3 weeks of my pregnancy (if I make it 2-3 more weeks) working on the nursery. It's no where near completion. In fact completion of the nursery is still so far away it's like looking through a dark tunnel. I still need to lay the floor in that room. Sometimes I wish I had a few little elves to come complete that room for me, but, alas, it will wait. But since I'm dreaming...someone come do a room makeover for my little boy and surprise me!

If I make it to 36 weeks I want to spend a few days organizing my house. We moved into our house and I was put on bedrest just a few short weeks later, so we still have 50% or more of our belongings in boxes. I'd love to at least get my kitchen put together.

If I make it to 36 weeks I want to thoroughly clean my house so it's ready when we bring Evan home.

If I make it to 36 weeks I plan to take Ryan to the zoo...and walk! The new Children's Zoo is opening in a couple weeks and while right now I can go on brief outings I will need to remain in a wheelchair while my crazy little boy runs around. Of course if this dream happens I better make sure it's a day when I'd be happy and comfortable to go into labor too!

If I make it to 36 weeks I want to take Ryan down to the lake and walk around, exploring the nature around our house.

If I make it to 36 weeks I want to go shopping and buy those much needed/wanted baby items that we're going to need including buying a cute "going home" outfit for Evan and something new for Ryan too.

If I make it to 36 weeks I plan to enjoy it!

If I make it to 36 weeks I find myself dreaming of all the things I'd do, but in reality with 6 months of bedrest behind me I may only have the strength and energy to do one thing...lay around and enjoy my sweet little boy...only wishing that I had as much energy as he does.

Finally, if I make it to 36 weeks I had probably better stop having all these contractions now. I've had plenty of uterine irritability this past week and while for the several days post-17P shots I usually have no contractions, this week I've stayed pretty consistent with 1-2 contractions an hour on most days.


3 comments:

Kitty Deschanel said...

Good luck with your pregnancy! You have a beautiful family :)

http://lambaround.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Praying like crazy for you :) You WILL make it to 36 weeks I can feel it :) Wish I lived closer I would LOVE to help decorate a baby's room again.....

B, E and C's Mommy said...

I love your 36 week "to do" list...I think all of us on bed rest do that same thing! I also love that you said you were going to wait 2-3 more weeks to start planning the nursery. I JUST this week bought our goodies. I figure 23 1/2 weeks is a good time to start buying...praying every second that I didn't make a mistake! I know you probably read my posts around 21 weeks, but at that time I REALLY started having more contractions. My monitoring nurses and my OB both confirmed that around that time the baby is going through a growth spurt and therefore your uterus is going to be more irritable. I have settled down some, but honestly I still have at least one or two episodes during my monitoring sessions. I think I've decided my body will NEVER give me the mental break I really need from contractions. Happy Thursday! We're almost into a whole new week!!!
Blessings,
A