Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby Check

16weeks4days

Today we had a more medical check on Baby Elmo. I called the doctor this morning because over the weekend I began having some cramping/contraction-like pains that have been very irregular, but considering my history I felt it best to call and check with the doctor. I spent a couple of hours being monitored and after everyone felt all is well with me and the baby I was given the instructions to go home and continue what I've been doing...taking it easy...aka bedrest.

Tomorrow I start my weekly P17 injections. All I can say about those are OUCH! If you've ever had them you know. If you've never had them just take my word for it. These are another "preventive" measure that we're taking to prevent preterm labor.

I have an appointment with the Perinatologist in a week. I'm really looking forward to that appointment. I have a load of questions to ask him. I have another appointment with my OB the week following, but it's just a regular check up.

---------------------------------

Ryan went with us for our monitoring. He was the cutest! He, of course, was very concerned with everything they were doing to his mommy...the monitor, the sounds, the blood pressure cuff, the thermometer...it was all concerning. I think if he could have his way no one would have been allowed to touch his mommy without checking with him first. He has learned what Baby Elmo "sounds" like and when he started hearing the heartbeat he started talking about "Baby Elmo". No only did we think that was cute so did the nurse. Baby Elmo was very, very active today and kicked the monitor a lot! Can we say WILD?! Daddy might want to rethink his wish for a "calm, mild-mannered" baby boy. Ryan didn't know what to think about all the extra noise coming from the monitor and held his ears after a while. After the initial activity ended Daddy and Ryan went for an adventure around the hospital hallways in search of some juice. They came back with Ryan's choice...chocolate milk...something he doesn't generally care much for but thoroughly enjoyed today. Anyway...our experience was great today...all the way around...just a good day.

1 comment:

逛街 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.