Saturday, May 15, 2010

32 Weeks!

32 weeks today. Hooray!

77 days on bedrest at home

53 days so far on hospital bedrest

130 days total bedrest

14 days until I can go home

28 days total until I'm finally off bedrest

35 days to go until our little boy is considered full term

56 days until my original due date

All is well. I'm still pregnant! I almost can't believe we've made it this far. 32 weeks is HUGE! I had a rough go of things a couple of nights ago. More contractions. More irritability. More movement and pressure "down low". It's the first time in several weeks that I've had the "I don't know if we're going to make it" feelings. The reality is...I may...I may not. I want so badly to make it to at least 36 weeks and I know myself well enough to know that I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't. It's just that we're so very close.

Evan is getting bigger and putting more pressure on my cervix and the stitch is pretty much the only thing keeping him from making his escape. Right now it's baby's head, stitch, and 0.8cm cervix. I have another/final ultrasound on Tuesday to see how things are going. I'm anxious about the cervix measurement. I'd love it if we saw some lengthening before going home, but I'll be happy if we at least see no shortening.

I thought I'd have more to say, but I'm very tired today. So I guess if I get a burst of energy I'll write again later. Otherwise you can expect an update after Tuesday's ultrasound.

2 comments:

B, E and C's Mommy said...

Julie I am so excited for you and your family! 32 weeks IS huge and you have done a beautiful job both physically and emotionally to keep that precious little boy inside! I can't wait to see the news on Tuesday...I will pray for that cervix of yours!!! :)

Hilary said...

Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow...you've done so GREAT!! :)