Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

So these...
came from one of my favorite little boys. Therefore, they are some of my favorite things. This was Ryan's Mother's Day present to me. He was so excited to give them to me. Friday morning he came bouncing into my room exclaiming "Happy Mom's Day! Happy Mom's Day!" He handed me a pink sack containing a pink monster truck and a pink "candle" (air freshener--but he associates candles with smelling good and wanted Mom's room to smell good) that he picked out all by himself. It was the sweetest thing in the world. Also in the sack were shower gel and lotion from Bath and Body Works. Those came from my mom and they, too, were a very pleasant surprise. Something simple to bring the feeling of beauty to this hospital-bound Mommy.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this. I hope everyone around you makes you feel like the most amazing person on earth today showering you hugs, kisses, gifts, and appreciation. May your heart swell today knowing that you've made such a huge difference in the lives of your husband, kids and everyone else around you.

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mom. I want to be just like you in so many ways. You've guided me, encouraged me and challenged me. You've always helped me to see life with a "silver lining". Thank you. And thank you so very much for stepping up and being a "mother" to my son while I'm gone. He sure does love his Nana. You're an amazing Mom and Nana. I love you.

Happy Mother's Day Diana. You, too, are an amazing Mom and Mimi. You're love touches so many...from your own kids (pets included) all the way through to the smallest of your grandkids.

Happy Mother's Day Sharon. You are a great Mom and Gigi. I hope your day is blessed as much as you've blessed others.

Happy Mother's Day Sue. Thank you for loving our family and being there for my dad.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Ok LOVE the monster truck and it's pink.... That would be something that August would pick out for me too..that's too cute!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!! :)

mimi and Grampy said...

HAPPY MOM'S DAY to a Mom laying flat on her back in the sack! Life,now, isn't fun, but at the end of the tunnel there is a SON! Even though time isn't going fast, you will have a precious Gift that will last & last! Pretty corney, but so true. Thanks Julie for acknowleding me on Mother's Day.
I love you, Mimi

COUNTRY MOM said...

Just found your blog. Wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day... Hope to get caught up on your blog soon. Many Blessings,