Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Final Ultrasound


I had an ultrasound this morning. The last one with the Perinatologist.

Baby looks great! 3.5 pounds (smaller than I was hoping). Head very low (my bladder testifies to that). Lots of hair. Face up. Chubby cheeks. Plenty of fluid. Good heart rate and blood flow through the cord. I don't know what I'll do if I actually have a chubby baby with hair. I told my OB I was trying to break all records...more than 36 weeks and over 6 pounds! He laughed. :)

Cervix is shorter. 0.6. Not that much shorter and at least everything is on the correct side of the stitch. Dr. did an exam (oh my...it's been awhile since I've had one of those). Stitch is in place and holding well. I'm not dilating.

Overall it was a good visit and a great way to start my day and start bringing an end to hospital bedrest. Not that I'm counting but...10 days 13+ hours until I'm out of here!

Now about the picture...
He's very, very low and without much room so his face is smashed up against my uterus. That being said we were only able to get a good 1/2-shot of his little face. I think his mouth is partly open. His arm is tucked up against his cheek with his fingers pointing down as if posing for an "aren't I cute?!" moment.

Oh...and one more thing...

Dear Madison,
I promise he'll be cuter in real life!
Love, Aunt Julie

2 comments:

mimi and Grampy said...

DEAR AUNT JULIE,i think he will look like ryan i think the name evan is cute. MADISON

Janelle said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a cutie! He's such a poser...already waiting for all the pictures he'll have taken. :) Coming to see you soon. I promise.