Saturday, March 8, 2008

Caution! May Cause Drowsiness...



"Caution! May cause drowsiness. Do not drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks until you know how this medicine affects you."

I think I'll rewrite it to say: "Caution! May cause extreme excitability, giggles, and the absolute refusal to go to sleep. This medicine may also necessitate the implementation of creative measures to get your child to actualy swallow the nasty stuff." Ryan got his new medicine yesterday. It is Respi-Tann, a decongestant/cough-suppressant. He hates the stuff. I've never seen a kid hold something in his mouth as long as Ryan will this stuff without swallowing. He got his first dose yesterday afternoon. He has had 2 doses today, am and pm. This evening he has been so incredibly wild, off-the-walls kind of wild. He has been very giggly, and getting him to go to sleep was a BIG challenge. It could be related to his lack of routine this week with going to the hospital so much, but I am wondering if it might be the medicine. Ryan is doing very well. I'm starting to think that maybe this little illness was actually just a cold like the pulmonologist tends to think. Today he has been soooo much better. He has been coughing, but the cruddy sounding congestion that he was having is a rarety now.

My mom is doing better today. She is very ready to go home. It will still be a couple more days I imagine. She still has some hurdles to overcome before they are going to let her go home. She took a walk with us down the hall today, and that is a good start towards coming home.

Thank you very much for all the prayers. I love you all.

Julie

1 comment:

Misty said...

I'm SO glad to hear that he's doing better already! My boys both get very "excited" with most cough medicine's as well. It makes it so fun to try and get such "sickly" children to rest when they're on those meds.