Friday, March 14, 2008

Remembering...


I'm really tired tonight, so I thought I would post a picture of Ryan from one year ago. It's a reminder of how far he has come.

My mom came home from the hospital today. It was a long day for all of us. Ryan and I left the house around 9 this morning. We got home around 2 this afternoon. I'm very glad that mom is home now. Ryan is very glad to not be at the hospital anymore. He doesn't understand why he isn't allowed to crawl around on the hospital floor picking up small caps off syringes to chew on. I'm ready to be able to get back into a routine around here. Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining. I feel incredibly blessed that I live close to my mom and have been able to be with her everyday these last 2 weeks.
As far as "Ryan News":
Ryan has learned three things recently.
1: He has learned he can get loud. He thinks it's great to see how loud he can scream
2: He has learned how to spit...or rather to stick his tongue out and blow bubbles.
3: He has learned how to throw a fit! Oh my! Can terrible two's start at 13 months. No really...it's not that bad...yet. He gets mad...mad because he fell down...mad because he can't pick up the washing machine soap cup...mad because he dropped the can of tomatoes on the ground...mad because he doesn't like how the tile feels on his knees...mad because I didn't give him the bottle quick enough...mad because I left the room without taking him with me...and then he screams! If I can get a video of him throwing a fit I'll post it. For now it's not that offensive, but I'm sure the time will come when it is anything but cute. At least for us. You might think it's still cute, afterall, you don't have to deal with his temper tantrums.

No comments: