Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birthday Party Fun!!!

The Birthday Party was great!!!!! Thank you to all who remembered us on this very exciting day. It really meant a lot to me to have my friends and family around my little boy today...more than I could adequately say.

It was a little windy, but at least the wind kept the bugs and heat away. We had a wonderful time together. Everyone visited and it was great to just catch up with friends and family. Thank you again to everyone who has prayed for us and have been so involved in our lives continuously over these past 16 months.

We ate hot dogs, chips, and potato salad. After dinner we had cupcakes. They were decorated like grass and dirt with a 4-way stop in the middle. They even had one-way signs at the end of the roads. I figured every little boy likes grass and dirt, so why not have cupcakes that look like grass and dirt.

We had to have Ryan's birthday party in June since his real birthday was right in the middle of RSV season, but Ryan didn't seem to care. He had so much fun. He loves people, so having everyone around to be his audience was very exciting for him. I hardly saw him the entire evening. He was constantly on the go with someone. Needless to say he is now sleeping peacefully in his bed. He was a very tired little boy when we got home.

It's so funny how things work out wether or not you planned them to be a certain way or not. I sent out invitations that looked like stop-lights. At the time of the invitations the party had no theme, but as time went on I decided to go with a cars and trucks theme. Ryan has gained a new interest in cars and trucks. He loves them. He loves to drive them around the house, over the dogs, through the laundry basket, over my toes and everywhere else. Guess what Ryan got for his birthday...


Lots of new cars and trucks!


He must be one loved little boy because he got lots of other stuff too. When I get everything organized again I'll try to take a picture of all his new goodies and post it. In fact, as I get time I'll post more pictures of everything.



Thank you again. We love you all!!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the birthday party. Happy Birthday (although belated) to Ryan!!

Jodi said...

You'll have to stop by my blog. I have nominated you for an award.

The Hull Munchkins said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! You are a cutie pie!
-Patty

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Happy Birthday!
Love that lawn mower toy...Eli would really like it.