Friday, June 20, 2008

Mushabelly Playtime

Today as I was sitting in the living room wasting more time than I ought I heard some commotion coming from the hallway. If I were to guess (and it would be very educated I'm sure) the commotion was the sound of a few steps and a crash, few steps and a crash, few steps and a crash. What I saw as I peeked around the chair was Ryan dragging his 2 Mushabelly Friends from his bedroom. They're pretty big stuffed animals and bulky to a one-year-old if nothing else. He has always liked his Friends. The pig squeals and monkey makes monkey sounds. (If the pig squeals what word describes a monkey sound?)


They're big and squishy and if you squeeze them tight enough the sound emitted is reminiscent of a whoopy cushion. What boy wouldn't like that sound, right?! Because they are so bulky he struggled to get them to the living room. He couldn't quite get them situated well enough without causing him to trip over one while dragging the other or causing him to loose his balance altogether. I guess it didn't help that he was sleepy on top of it all. Ryan falls A LOT when he is sleepy.
His determination paid off and with a little help from his mom the 3 were happily playing in the living room. That is where the wrestling match began. And the winner...



Just in case you're wondering how well Ryan can clean an ear of corn...
This is half an ear. I gave the other half to his daddy. When Ryan got this piece of corn on the cob it was full of corn. This is what was left when I was finally able to pry it from his persistent little fingers.

2 comments:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

That was cute. I can just see the determination in those pics.

twin power mommy ♥ said...

WOW...just got done reading your site for Brandy.
How tragic.
It just makes me so sad for all that you have endured with your children.
Your faith has surely been tested. Our God is so faithful, though, and i am glad he has given you a peace about everything.
Your precious baby girl is now pain free in heaven. I am sorry for your loss.