Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hoping For More and Random Thoughts

The word infertility sounds so harsh, so cold. While it is difficult I don't find it hopeless so for the posts in which I discuss this issue I think I'll title them "Hoping for More" for that is what it is for me...hoping for more of God's blessings, children.

I never mentioned the protocol I'm following, so here is the plan so far. It is relatively basic, and as our family doctor stated it is just "getting things back to normal, or regulated". He didn't consider it "fertility treatments".

Here are the basics of Dr. G's infertility protocol (the very basic list without embarrassing details and info):
1. Take a baby aspirin (81mg) daily. Some indication that it helps with endometrial lining of uterus.
2. Take FEMARA once daily on cycle days 3-7.
3. Take ESTRADIOL 2 times a day on cycle days 10-12.
4. Keep a temperature fertility chart.
5. Take MUCINEX as directed.
6. On cycle day 18-30 take PROMETRIUM. two times a day.
7. On cycle day 30-31 take pregnancy test. Continue taking PROMETRIUM if pregnant until week 10.

I visit the doctor a few days before midway through this cycle to see if everything is working as planned. Tomorrow is the day for me. I'm excited to see! I'm trying not to get too excited, yet I'm so hopeful. What a great Christmas present it would be to discover we were expecting again.

A question for anyone who has taken estradiol. Is a side effect nausea?

-------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I never mentioned this but A GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO MY BIG BROTHER! He and his wife are expecting their first! Hooray! I'm so excited for them. They have been hoping and trying for some time, and God has heard and answered their prayers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow evening we are going to a NICU graduate Christmas party. Santa Claus is going to be there to take pictures with the kiddos. I'm so excited. Keep an eye out for pictures in the next day or two.

-------------------------------------------------------

We usually write a Christmas letter each year to mail to friends and family. This year we are going to send a picture card instead. It's not quite as personal and detailed, but everyone will have a picture instead. I love getting picture Christmas cards. I'm one of those people who puts pictures on the fridge. You send me a picture...you will be on my fridge! Here is one of the pictures we are considering for the card:

2 comments:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

i absolutely LOVE that pic for the card. That one should be the ONE!

Praying that you'll have a wonderful gift on Christmas...the gift of a new life growing inside you!
Thanks for sharing that information with us.

My2BoysNMe said...

LOVE the picture! Think I said this once before, but you need to put this one in a contest too!