Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Getting Closer

Mommy, can I open this present today?

Christmas is only a week away. Can you believe it? This weekend starts our Christmas gatherings. We will be going to my brother's house in Midwest City on Saturday. I'm sooo excited. It is going to be so much fun. Ryan will probably get to (legitimately) open some Christmas presents. He's been casually opening presents here and there. I just follow behind, picking up the pieces and re-wrapping the gifts. He's too young to care what's inside the package. He just likes to rip, tear, and eat the wrapping paper off. I'm sure that he will be excited about the contents once he can actually see and play with (chew on) the toys.

Our own personal rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas, now appropriately titled "The 12 Days 'Till Christmas", is going well. It's been fun. I was planning on sharing each day's recipe online, but I've had a few discouraging (hormonal, emotional, etc.) days this week. I may still share them online especially if I get a request. The soups have been great. I usually just stick to the familiars...taco soup, chili, beans, etc., but I have a recipe book of just soups I've been using. They have been great. What's even more exciting is that the book is a "Gifts in a Jar" book, so after we sample these 12 soups I may make up some ready-to-throw-in-the-pot soups for those days I just can't thing (don't want to think) about what to fix for dinner. Soups are great for winter anyway. I'm also thinking these might be a great house-warming gift for anyone, but especially for my sister who is looking for a place of her own now.

No comments: