Monday, December 15, 2008

On The First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave To Me

It's the Twelve Days of Christmas!

As per tradition Wade will be receiving 12 days worth of *something*. In years past he has received 12 different kinds of candy, 12 different kinds of cookies, 12 different places to find his goodies, etc. One year I even went along with the song and for the first day gave him a pear, for the second a box of turtle candies, for the third I cooked a hen (chicken), etc., etc., for the sixth I cooked a duck (six geese a laying), etc....

Yesterday was day ONE!

Cheesy Potato Soup

The Mix:

2 cups powdered coffee creamer
1/2 c. imitation bacon bits
2 pkgs Knorr Four Cheese Sauce Mix
2 T dried parsley flakes
1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
1 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups potato flakes

(I used one entire box of Four Cheese Potato Flakes in place of the Knorr sauce mix and 2 c potato flakes.)

Cooking Directions:
1 Jar Cheesy Potato Soup Mix 2 cans ham (optional)
Place the soup mix in a large soup pot. Add 8 cups boiling water. Mix well and let stand 5 minutes. Heat ham and stir in soup.

(Again...I used leftover ham from the other day that I warmed up with the soup.)

Do you have a 12-Days-Of-Christmas Tradition???

4 comments:

Kim said...

One year I gave my sister-in-law 12 days of Christmas gifts. 1 item on day one, 2 on day two, etc... Some of the items were small, but she had a ball openning something every day for 12 days.

My2BoysNMe said...

Trivia I learned this year: Count up all of the items in the song and you get 364 items. Gee, that's alot of presents!!

Laura said...

I hate to break it to you but the 12 days of Christmas are the 12 days after Christmas. Sorry, but I thought you might like to know. There are twelve days between Christmas and Epiphany on January 6. BTW, I am the sister-in-law who got the 12 days of gifts and it was fabulous and fun!
Laura

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I always think about wanting to do it, but never have.

I can't get creative enough to think of 12 things to do that wouldn't be expensive.

Perhaps you can continue to give me YOUR ideas for the gifts that followed the song...i like that idea!