Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dog Food

Ryan often (and I mean very often) gets reprimanded redirected when it comes to the dog food. For some crazy reason he thinks he's a puppy. It couldn't be because we call him a puppy sometimes, could it? I can't tell you how many times I've found him on all fours eating the dog food out of the dog dish. I figure it won't hurt him with all of the animal rights activists keeping tabs on the health and well-being of the four-legged-beasts as though they were more precious than our children. Oh, but, never mind...that's the start of a rant. Anyway...dog food is probably fairly safe to eat, but I don't really want him to eat it as a main course...or a side dish...or dessert.

Since dog food is off limits today Ryan came up with his own version of...



..."just let me be a puppy."

Yes...he put his chips in the dog dish and ate them. Oh well...at least it wasn't dog food.

Just a quick update on me...
I've been doing well. Yesterday was the first day I really started feeling more like myself again. My "wounds" are healing well, and for the most part I'm not having much discomfort. I'm still on a couple antibiotics, but I'll be finishing those in a few days. After that I'll be calling the doctor for a different medicine. :)

Recent ongoings...
Yesterday we went to the NICU reunion at Mercy. It was wonderful. It was great to see all the amazing miracles and their families. I wish more of the nurses, doctors and RTs could have stopped by, but that just means we need to go for a visit to the NICU. It's been awhile.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I think Olivia often thinks she is a dog as well. She says "woof woof" more than anything else. And, she has it mastered. . .you'd think there was a dog nearby. To bad Ryan and Olivia couldn't have a playdate. . .those two would be two crazy puppies!

Thinking of you and hope your recovery is going well.

Kim said...

We had a problem with Kaleb and dog food until we actually let him try it. He's never gone back to the bowl again!

Ryan's bowl of "dog food" is too cute! What a clever...and adorable...little guy...I mean puppy...you have!

Hilary said...

Glad your feeling better..that crazy guy and his food bowl..how cute! :)