Thursday, July 2, 2009

What's In A Name

Okay, okay, okay. I'm absolutely horrible when it comes to secrets. I love surprises, and I love to pull one over on (surprise) those I love, but in all honesty they drive me crazy. I'm so excited that I just want to tell. I love surprising and being surprised, but the likelihood that I can keep something quiet for any length of time is...awww...well...you're getting ready to find out.

In reference to this post...YES! IT'S THE PUPPY!!! Lizzy was hoping/planning to surprise me with her yesterday when she came into town however the puppy was still receiving a little extra care at the vet. She isn't "sick", but she's had a little bit of a rough start as far as adjusting to the pound especially since she started her imprisonment so early. I'm not sure how old she is exactly, but from what the pound attendant said last weekend I got the impression that she is very young.

Hopefully if all goes well she will be joining our family early this coming week...say maybe Monday or Tuesday!

For some of you it may seem a bit silly to be so excited about a dog, but that's just how I am. I respect animals as just that...animals, but I also love them. They can become some of the best of friends and when you truly care for a pet the way they should be cared for they become part of the family.

Some of you may also find this rather ridiculous, but that's okay too.

Let's Name Her!

I realize most of the time a poll/survey like this is done when someone is expecting a baby, but since I'm not pregnant right now (and possibly never will be again) I think naming the puppy is an okay thing to talk about. (Besides...this is my blog, and I can do whatever I want...I'm the only one who has the password.)

So here's the rules:

Number 1: She's a she! Keep that in mind, please.
Number 2: It has to be a name I (preferably even Ryan) can actually pronounce.
Number 3: I get the final say. (Well...I guess I'll let my hubby have a small word in the matter)

I can't imagine what's going to happen if I actually have another child. My poor kid...I can't even decide on a name for a dog!

Have a great and safe Independence Day weekend!

6 comments:

a little love affair said...

She's so cute! And I think the idea of a name poll is a great idea! Ok.. so I'm going to put up the name "Addison"... maybe "Addy" for short?? I just love this name for a little girl, why not a little girl with a tail? :) Have a fun and safe weekend!

Kim said...

I can't narrow it down, so here are a few names that I think look like her...Lucy, Grace, Josi, and Rylie.

Hilary said...

She looks like a May to me..she's so cute :) Happy 4th of July!!!

Jodi said...

Oh, I love naming animals! I agree with Kim. . .I've always loved the name Lucy for a girl dog. Maybe Annie or Emmy. Addy is really cute too. I'll have to do some more brainstorming for ya!

Anonymous said...

Bailey

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I (and it's TOTALLY just my opinion) don't care too much for human names for pets. I understand that many people do, though.

When i saw her pic, i thought "Kibble". My girls are into naming pets that have silly names like, "salmon" for a cat, "bark-ly" for a dog...it cracks us up.

Anyway, I think she's super cute! I like that you are doing a poll for her name.

Please let us know what you decide....i am sure it'll be great whatever the name...