Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 25th

Yesterday, July 25th...it started with breakfast in bed...scrambled eggs and bacon with a strong cup of coffee and a little yogurt on the side (to counteract some of the antibiotics afore mentioned). After breakfast Ryan and I went to Nana's house. Nana was leaving so we went to my brother's house, so I could get a little fill of baby. They have a new baby, Luke, and it had been a week since I last held him, on his birthday. Ryan and I then went home and sat back and watched some Saturday morning cartoons. Qubo has some of the best...Veggie Tales, 3-2-1 Penguins, Babar, etc.

Around 11:00 our doorbell rang. It was my dad and step-mom. They came bearing birthday wishes and time for playing with Ryan. They spent the day yesterday "making the rounds" as they saw each of their Yocham-family grandkids. I'm sure it was an exciting day for them since they have 2 new grandbabies born just weeks apart.

Daddy came home a little after noon and while digging in the refrigerator for something light for lunch I noticed a surprise. One of my most favorite desserts was tucked away with a card on top. Strawberry-Pretzel-Salad and Carrot Cake are my top two when it comes to desserts. My mom is the sweetest (and sneakiest). The Strawberry-Pretzel-Salad was great. After our light lunch...naps. Awww...the joy of a nap on a Saturday afternoon.

Then the fun began. We took off for the City to an unknown destination. What destination you might ask? Red Lobster. My favorite. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I ate crab legs (some of the best I've ever had...the kind you crack the shell and the meat comes out whole, smooth and delectable). Mmmmm. And shrimp scampi too. You can't beat that.

While leaving the restaurant this...

bumper sticker caught our eye. I sooooo want one!

The meal wouldn't be complete without dessert, so to Braum's we went.
Ryan got his own Junior Cone this time. He did great and ate most of it all by himself. I helped him with the ice cream. The cone is actually his favorite.
After dessert we spent the evening in Bricktown. For those of you not from the great state of Oklahoma, that's our downtown entertainment district of OKC. It is full of restaurants, attractions, theatres, and a river walk.
We stopped and saw the buffalo. Ryan is pretty funny. For some reason he has started making the *pig sound* for all animals bigger than a dog, so horses...buffalo...pigs...camels....etc.
Since it was a special occasion we decided to ride the Water Taxi (aka boat) along the canal. It was really enjoyable. We learned quite a lot about Oklahoma and OKC that we didn't already know. Ryan enjoyed it too.
Here is Ryan playing with one of the art sculptures found along the canal while we waited for our boat to arrive.
Here are the two amazing men in my life riding the boat. I love them dearly.
After our boat ride we walked around the canal, stopping often to smell flowers, splash the water, inspect rocks, and look at ducks. We even stopped at Starbucks for a Mocha Frappuccinno.

Before leaving the downtown festivities we stopped for a cool, refreshing splash in the fountains....



It was such a wonderful, amazing, great day! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

Oooops. Yes...that's right...yesterday I, Juliette Ann (Yocham) Stanfill had a birthday!
Here is how I was lovingly reminded about it from my mom:
Thirty.
When you think about it, it'sn only three decades.
Three Decades
Seven Presidents
Eight Olympic Games
28 Volcanic Eruptions
87 Space Missions
203 Overthrown Governments
1,712 Oscar Nominations
420,000 New Miles of Highway
51 Million Acres of Cleared Rainforest...
(Amercian Greetings card)

But just for the record...let's just say I'm 29...just one more year. Or maybe 2...or 3. Okay?

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like it was great!! Oh man I love me some Starbucks too and my hubby is a big fan of Red Lobster too...The pictures are great too :)

a little love affair said...

You can be 29 for as long as you want to! This past Jan. was the 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday :) Happy Birthday Julie!