Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Introducing...???

Here is the latest addtion to the Stanfill family. You will quickly notice that this puppy is not the same one as pictured earlier on the blog.  I called about "little miss pound puppy" on Monday and was told that she was still under veterinarian care and I would be informed when she was released.  She's been under vet care for 2 weeks now.  I had already started questioning whether she was supposed to be our puppy, but that pretty much gave me the answer I needed.

I have been following the ads in the daily paper for puppies, and I saw an ad some time ago for puppies.  It interested me, for some reason.  Yesterday I decided to call about the puppies not really expecting much since the ad had been in the paper for weeks.  The gentleman said he had some puppies available and explained that he usually has a new litter ready every other week or two.   That, in itself, concerned me a little because of all the bad things you hear about puppy mills and bad breeders, but I decided to go take a look anyway.

This morning I took Ryan to Baptist Hospital for some blood work (for the immunology testing--we should know the results in a couple weeks).  Ryan didn't even cry!  But anyway...after our visit with the lab vampires Ryan and I took a road trip (I thought it was going to be a short one, but it ended up being a bit longer than expected).  We met Marvin (the breeder) at a designated meeting place off I-40 west of El Reno a few miles.  

Marvin was the nicest man!  I could tell that he just absolutely loves his dogs.  He is one of the best breeders I've ever met.  I could tell he doesn't breed just for the money, but for the love of the breed and the dogs.  And trust me...no one in his/her right mind would ever breed without some thought of $$; it's just too much work!  He showed me two of his sweet little girls (he had more I imagine, but I had specified color preferences).  The first one...our new baby girl...was so sweet.  The clencher that made me say "yes" was when I put her in the backseat of the car with Ryan and she immediately climbed up in his lap.  Both of them were smiling from ear to ear. And for the record...yes I believe dogs can smile.  

Baby Puppy (no that's not her name, and no we haven't named her yet...we're too indecisive) stayed in Ryan's lap for most of the trip back home, and since we've been home she has not left his side!

So without further ado...her she is!







Oh...yeah...she's a Miniature Australian Shepherd. She will probably be about 14-18 inches tall and weigh somewhere between 20-40 pounds when full grown. We are planning to start obedience training as early as next week.  I have hopes and dreams for this little sweetie, but I'll talk about that another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh she is just adorable!!!! Enjoy your new baby!

Hilary said...

AWWWW!!! She's adorable!!! :)