Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update


My surgery went well yesterday.  It took a little longer than expected.  The doctor found so much endometrial tissue that he wondered how in the world I wasn't in a whole lot of pain.  My appendix was covered in endometriosis, so my doctor took my appendix out too.  

I had a bit of a hard time coming out of the anesthesia, and when I did I was very, very nauseous.  They gave me an additional medication to help.  We left the hospital just a little after 12 noon.  

I've been doing pretty well today.  I let the pain get a little out of control one time and regretted it greatly.  I won't be doing that again any time soon.

Ryan is doing well.  He spent most the day with Nana yesterday, and a good part of the day with her again today.  I've showed him my "owies" so he might understand why he has to be "gentle" with his Momma.  He gets a little frustrated since I can't rough-house nor pick him up.  

That's all for now.  Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes.  

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hope you can continue to recover quickly so that you can get back to rough housing with that cutie pie!

Hilary said...

oh man!! I hope you get better soon...bless your heart..really!! Hang in there!! Take your drugs :)