Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ask Me What I Think About That...


...and I don't know if I could give you a straight answer. My little boy is growing up so fast. Usually when I put him to bed it involves a regular routine starting with a bath and ending in the bed. I found that putting him to bed became a very pleasant, almost treasured time, as long as I sat on the twin bed in his room until he fell asleep. It became our time together, precious, quiet, special. I loved it. I looked forward to it. Tonight our routine was a little amiss because we spent the evening over at Nana's house. When we came home it was bed time and after he said his proper "good-nights" I took him to his bed. He laid down. I left the room. He went to sleep. End of story. He didn't need his mommy tonight. Do I laugh or do I cry. I want him to grow into a strong, independent, God-fearing young man, but let's not move too fast, okay?.


1 comment:

Misty said...

My little bitty baby boy turned 10 years old a couple of weeks ago. So, I have two pieces of advice. One, Ryan is still VERY VERY much a baby and two, yeah, it's going fast, too fast and it'll only pick up speed as time goes on. So, treasure it. Treasure him. One day, ten year old Ryan will be standing before you (probably rolling his eyes) and your heart will ache to just go back and hug sweet little two or three year old Ryan one more time.