Sunday, July 20, 2008

Latest Project

This has been my latest project. I've been making preemie dolls. I made one to the exact weight as Ryan when he was born. The dimensions are a little off as the arms and legs are much too fat to realistically capture how tiny Ryan was. When he was born my ring would fit all the way up his leg. The doll's legs are too plump, and my ring won't even fit over the foot. However, the doll does give a tangible example of how small Ryan was, and I've enjoyed wowing people with the reminder of God's miracle. I plan to make another Ryan doll that better represents some of the smaller characteristics as well as weighs a "feels right" weight. When that doll is finished I will take a picture of Ryan and the baby doll together for posting on this blog.

Here is a set of twins that I made. I'm giving them to their mother as a gift. These babies were born at 30 weeks gestation and weighed 2lb11oz (girl) and 3lb9oz (boy). I'm very excited to give these away soon.

I used Sandy Eding's pattern.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, I wish I had known that you made these. We just purchased Olivia's birth size doll from Weebundles.com What an amazing gift you have to be able to make those. I will treasure Olivia's forever.

twin power mommy ♥ said...

What a COOL, COOL idea!
I am impressed with your mad skillz!

Will need to come back later to check out more of your recent posts.
Been on vacation and haven't had a chance to read much!
Have a great Monday!

LJR said...

Those are too cute! I wish I am so uncrafty to even try to make something like that. It would be adorable to have a set for my girls.

You are very talented!

Lori
(Emma's Mom)