Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dirty

Ryan is getting better. He only needed 2 breathing treatments today. He's still coughing quite a bit, and he still gets winded easily but that hasn't slowed him down one bit. Not that I've found much of anything that will actually slow him down. I decided (again that Mommy judgment) to take Ryan off the oral steroids one day early. You can't imagine what steroids do to my kid. He becomes someone that I just about can't stand. It's like he's been invaded by aliens from some far off planet that the scientists of this world have only dreamed about. (I don't really believe in aliens...just in case you were wondering). He becomes this uncontrollable, wild, crazy, cranky, fussy, indecisive, irritable, maniac who wants to love you one moment and spit in your face the next. It's just not pretty. Any doctor that wants to put him on steroids again better be ready to give a super long list of reasons why I we have to endure that.

I was informed that Ryan has an appointment with the Allergy and Asthma Clinic on May 8th at 8:00 a.m.. I was told that Ryan and I should expect to spend several hours at the clinic that morning. I have absolutely no idea what the plan is for that day. The only thing I know is that I will have to take off work for at least half a day, but I think that shouldn't be too much of a problem. After working for 9 months and never taking a day off I think I should be able to swing a sick day to spend with my little boy. The receptionist who called me was from the pediatrician's office and she couldn't even tell me where I'm supposed to go. I have a general idea where the clinic is, but I'm not certain of the building. She gave me the number for the clinic and told me to call them for any details.

On tomorrow's list of *Things to Do* (besides cleaning this filthy house...since Monday is cleaning day around here) is to
  • Call the Allergy and Asthma Clinic for details
  • Call Ryan's Pulmonologist whom we haven't seen for almost a year and discuss Ryan's illnesses and the upcoming appointment with the receptionist/nurse and see if he/they have anything to add and if they want to see him too. (I know...that was one really long run-on sentence, but I'm leaving it "as is" just to annoy all the teachers out there. If you know my background, you know this teacher is kidding) It's not necessary I guess, but since Ryan has a Pulmonologist we might as well keep him in the loop. Besides, at this point he is the doctor I trust the most right now. Trusting doctors can be difficult for me, but I'll get into that another time.
  • Clean this filthy house.
  • Work on March of Dimes Bank Day. Did you know that we (our team, the Miracles of Mercy) will be turning in an additional $2200 on Tuesday. We've exceeded our Team goal of $5000. WooHoo Team!!!!!
  • Have some FUN!
Since the last few posts have been technical I thought tonight I'd add a little fun to this blog.
"Dirty Feet!"
Ryan and I worked in the garden this weekend. We planted 4 tomato , 2 eggplants, 2 squash, 2 watermelon, and 2 pumpkin plants. Our garden isn't big by any means, but I enjoy watching things grow and produce. Nana and Papa Donnie plant enough in their gardens each year to feed the entire neighborhood, so we won't ever be lacking. I think Ryan can learn a lot from gardening...maybe when he's a bit older though. For now...he enjoys picking things that he's actually permitted to eat. He loves to get in the asparagus bed and search for a stalk of asparagus after which he carries it around chewing on it...until he decides to feed it to the dogs.

***************************************************
Prayers and Praises
***************************************************
Rebecca, my good friend and the mother of one of the Miracles of Mercy preemies has been in the hospital for about 6 weeks or a little more. I first mentioned her back in February when she began having significant complications with her pregnancy. I have to give praises to God for he has heard and answered prayer yet again. Rebecca will be delivering (via c-section) her 36-week-old baby tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. Please pray for her in all aspects that you feel led as she says "hello" to this beautiful new life...this miracle. Pray for this precious baby that s/he won't have to go to the NICU. 36 weeks is still considered 1 week premature, but oftentimes babies born at this gestation don't need NICU intervention...sometimes they do though. Pray for this sweet family tomorrow if you will, and be sure to give your offerings of praise and adoration to our Awesome God too.
***************************************************

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

So how is your friends' baby? Now that it's late Monday...i wonder if you've heard about whether or not he had to go to the NICU or not....