Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bathtime

I'm very sorry to inform everyone of this, but....
I have no new pictures to share today, so you have to settle with one of those "this day in history" pictures.

I went to the doctor this morning and received a good report. That's great! But...let me tell you about the morning. I got in the shower this morning (you know it's always a good idea to go to the doctor clean). Now I never take long showers unless Wade is home to watch Ryan or Ryan is taking a nap. Ryan wouldn't leave the shower curtain in the tub, so he, more or less, got a shower too...and so did the floor. Ugh. When he finally got the point that he must leave the shower curtain in the tub he left me alone. Unfortunately it got too quiet. It's never a good thing when it gets quiet in my house when Ryan is awake. I cracked the shower curtain and peaked around only to find my son SPLASHING in the toilet. YUCK! I jumped out of the shower, reprimanded him for his poor decisions and while dripping all over him and the floor I promptly washed his hands. That's just gross! It was then that I decided to ban him from the bathroom. I shoved him out the door, closed it and jumped back into the shower. Now my shower was going to be extra short because leaving Ryan unattended is like the scariest thing in the world. I had visions of him climbing to the top of the entertainment center and flying in circles around the ceiling fan. We're talking like Dennis the Menace or Family Circus now. I finished soaping up and rinsing off probably setting a new land-speed record for showering, jumped out, opened the door and was greeted by the cutest little face waiting for me. Awwww.

Speaking of cute...
Ryan rarely ever says mama. I beg him to say it, but he's only let me know that he can say it a couple of times. However...I went to the store last night and when I returned Wade told Ryan that Mama was home. Wade said he ran to the door and yelled, "mama" because he was excited that I was home. Ohhhh....be still my heart.

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

so what was the good report for at the doctors this morning?
does it have something to do with your trying to get pregnant?