Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Alive!!!

Not really.


Ryan got a lizard for Christmas and the instructions said to put it in water and watch it grow. I must say that you would need an incredible amount of patience to *watch* it grow. I was thinking about the little dinosaurs in a capsule (that looked like a pill) that I used to toss in a glass of water or the bathtub as a kid and literally watched them grow (or transform) from a pill to a spongy dinosaur. That's what I had in mind when I saw the lizard. It wasn't exactly like that. It started as a relatively hard rubber lizard. After three days in a pitcher of cold water it was a larger, soft, rubbery, almost slimy lizard. It felt much like I remember a salamander feeling like.


---------------------------------------------
Ryan Update

Ryan is doing much better. Perhaps he had a 24-hour virus of some kind. He hasn't had a fever today. He still isn't 100%, but he's better than yesterday.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Kaleb seems to have the same thing as Ryan. He had a temp of 103 last night, and today it has dropped down to the 100 range. We took him to the doctor and everything checked out OK. I agree...I hope it doesn't last long! I hope that Ryan is feeling better tomorrow.

twin power mommy ♥ said...

He did grow, though!

i like the before and after shots!