Friday, January 9, 2009

It's Friday!

The weather was very nice yesterday so we were able to spend some time working/playing in the backyard. It was almost like a little hint of spring...just enough to make me long for those early spring days when there is just a hint of new life emerging and the temperatures are mildly pleasant. We've had a couple of days this week reminiscent of spring, but it's Oklahoma. We are now enduring a blustery cold front determined to bring cold weather and the reminder that it is still winter. The weather forecasters are warning us that the coldest weather yet this season is still to come...perhaps in a week or so.

So here are some of our outdoor pictures from yesterday.




Well, I hate to admit it, but I guess I can't change facts. The fact is...I'm sick. Ugh. I started the week with sneezing and severe allergy type symptoms. It was actually the start of some sort of infection...perhaps a cold. Mr. Tux and I have had several dates this week...especially at 3 a.m. I haven't been sick in over a year. Likewise I haven't had any significant problems with my asthma in over a year, and because of that I haven't had any asthma medications on hand. I typically don't have problems except during changing seasons, illnesses, and physical exertion, so I usually just keep a "rescue" inhaler for those breathless moments. I haven't needed one and haven't had one for many months now. I finally decided to go to the doctor today. His diagnosis: asthmatic bronchitis and sinusitis. The prescriptions: Proventil inhaler (woohoo!!...it's my new best friend) and augmentin (antibiotic for sinus infection) Since laughter is the best medicine I guess the doctor decided to give me a good laugh too (although I don't think he was trying): Rest this weekend...try to sleep as much as possible. (Yea right, I have a toddler!) Okay...that's enough about me.

I hope everyone has a very blessed weekend.

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

YUCKYY....
my asthma has been chronically bad since i was pregnant with my son.

I have to use an inhaled steroid daily or else i lapse back to needing my inhaler or worse...my machine!

Most nights (since i've been out of my steroid for months) i wake up gasping for air....it really stinks!
I keep my inhaler by the bedside for quick use, but i hate having to NEED these things.

Rest as much as you can and get to feeling better.